Aug 6, 2008

Another Bad Day at Makkar's Cricket Ground

So it was business as usual, as I lost yet another series at MCG. Save 3 continuous series win back some time, I have lost all but one or two of them. Ever since I have returned from kurukshetra, I haven't been playing anywhere near to my potential. May be this has got to do with my fitness, as I have grown a considerable belly which do not allow for quick movements on or off the field.
My performance can also be linked with phases of life I m currently going through, or rather my happiness quotient. But nevertheless, I am not the only one who is not doing well. Basically it is a one man show only, that one man being saurabh makkar. It’s only him who wins series after series & all others around him also win. In fact I rate myself as good as any other batsman or bowler, except him, but nowadays I am performing so miserably that players like Rajan are entitled to curse me.
On any other normal cricket ground I will be among top 3 players, but since their is no way to get these guys out from MCG, I cherish my opportunities.
However now since I m taking this challenge, I m sure I will do justice to myself, and my abilities.
May god's wishes be with all and may Best Team win

P.S. In fact best team always wins, because best team at mcg is the team which has makkar!!!!!

Day 1 after resolution:
As I mentioned in my previous post, I will cherish my opportunities at MCG. As expected, I received a call to play & as promised, I played somewhat better than my previous outings.in fact I managed to win a series with sudhir suri, who along with Rajan is my staunch critic, but his remarks are not personal.
Also the manner in which he gave away his wicket in both matches was questionable to say the least. Also his keeping wasn’t as good as expected, though he did manage to take a wonderful catch behind the stumps. However all is well that ends well.

Day 2 after resolution: Yet another series win though with Makkar, & not before I lost 2 series with Sudhir Suri. However I m not counting those series because I played better than before, even better than day 1. All in all it was a good day (or night) though there were momentary lapse of concentration which could explain some of missed chances on account of poor fielding. Also I personally feel that fielding would improve automatically if I manage to get my act right in batting and more importantly bowling. Let’s look forward to some good future now.

1 comment:

amit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.