Feb 16, 2009

Is it really That Hard

This poem is for Someone Close to my heart!

Sitting alone in my room,
I asked myself one thing,
Is it that hard?
To show up your emotions, to open up your heart.

To tell your girl that you care,
To tell her that you would protect her,
& to tell her that you love her and always will.

Sitting alone in my room being aghast!
Is it really that hard?

I remember when we met first time,
I was scared & totally unprepared,
You were embarrassed and blushing like a newly wed,
But we hit it off like long lost friends.

Sitting alone in my room pondering over past,
Asking myself is it really that hard?

I am wondering how quickly time has passed,
& we have come very far on the Love path.
You have always stood with me on my side,
& have given me, everything I could have possibly asked.

Sitting alone in my room & embarrassed,
Asking myself is it really really that hard?

I know I haven't pampered you at all
I know I haven't embraced you in my arms,
I know I haven't given you anything so far,
I know I have sometimes even treated you below par,

Sitting alone in my room & sulking now,
Asking myself is it that hard?

I might have forgotten some important dates,
I might have forgotten you birthday cake,
I might have forgotten that you care,
But I haven't forgotten any of those wonderful moments we shared.

So remember one thing and now sit tight,
I might never attempt to sweep you off your feet,
And I might never promise to give you everything you need,
But today I promise rather declare,
That I love you from my heart's deepest layer,
I had been in relationships in the past,
But none was as beautiful and true,

Sitting alone in my room and wondering now,
It wasn't really that hard!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well said..it isn't that hard..but guys take it to difficult!

Yogesh said...

Thanks Aanchal! But y does girls make it so difficult!